Thursday, January 2, 2014

hello 2014!

well hello 2014 and goodbye 2013!
i'm so excited for the new year, something in my soul is telling me it's going to be a good year. which part of me is like "really? 2013 was amazing! you're gonna try to beat that?" 2013 was amazing! as you may have read from this post, i started making a lot of positive changes in my life and gave birth to a healthy, happy, beautiful baby girl. it's going to be hard to beat that but i'm excited for what the future holds. i'm excited to get back on track (it's hard to not eat all the candy that comes into your house during the holidays...) and accomplish some goals for the new year. joey and i surprised ourselves by being able to stay up to actually ring in the new year at midnight and as the clock starting ticking down i was feeling a little bittersweet, that's how good 2013 was! i was having a moment where i had to say goodbye to a wonderful year in hopes that the new year would be even better. and at the same time, i can't shake this feeling that 2014 will be yet another amazing year!

so here's a list of a few of my goals for 2014:
i want to start reading more, my goal is a book and a half a month (18 books for the year) including the book of mormon. this may sound easy but after having milly i don't read nearly as much as i used too. after i put her down for the night i get sucked into watching mindless entertainment on the tv which brings me to goal number two: watch less tv! i have plenty of books laying around the house that i have yet to read (perks of your husband working for amazon). i'm also gonna try to follow this online book club to help get ideas of what to read next.
another goal, which is a pretty big stereotype for the new year, is to loose wieght. specifically: get down to my wedding weight. i'm predicting i won't be a stereotype and give up in two months because i already started this journey in 2013, so technically i'm gonna be ending a goal in the new year...right? right! to help me achieve this goal and stay on track i want to sign up for my first half marathon. eek! but also exciting!
lastly: learn something new. the 68 year old woman inside me (or hipster, depending on how you look at it) is telling me to learn how to crotchet! what do you think? all in all, i'm hoping these goals will help me be a better person, because that's what's really important. happy new year y'all!
^ first photo of 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment